Sunday, January 16, 2011

Merry Christmas to all!



A bit belated...Merry Christmas from the Guajardos!! We hope you all had a cozy, relaxing holiday with family and friends. It was our first Christmas in our Seattle home, and while we missed spending the holiday with our extended families, it was nice to stay put and enjoy Seattle at this special time of year. We were also lucky enough to have Sharon and Kurt stay with us for the week. Here we all are for Christmas Eve dinner: Sharon, Kurt, Will, Susi, Baby Will, JJ, Mathilde and I. What you don't see is the incredibly yummy steak dinner JJ made for us. I'm one lucky lady!




To kickoff the holiday season, Mathilde and I went to see the Pacific NW Ballet's Nutcracker. This is one of my favorite holiday traditions and I have such fond memories of seeing this show with my mom, sisters and girlfriends every year in Bangor, Maine when we were growing up. (I always wanted to be Clara but stage fright and lack of real ballet skills got in the way!) I was elated to start this tradition with Mathilde and I am happy to say that she enjoyed the show even at such a young age.


One of these years, we'll stop for very large ice cream sundaes after the Nutcracker (another fond memory from my childhood).

Another highlight from this year's Christmas was the scavenger hunt we put together for Mathilde so she could find her special gift from mama & dada: a real digital camera!


Photography in the Guajardo household just got a bit more interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment